Re: Open request for benchmarking input - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Open request for benchmarking input
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, Nov 26, 2005 at 01:57:47PM -0500, Qingqing Zhou wrote:
> Don't forget TPCC (data > memory, with intensive updates). So the benchmarks
> in my mind include TPCC, TPCH and TPCW.

I'm lost in all those acronyms, but am I right in assuming that none of these
actually push the planner very hard? We keep on pushing that "PostgreSQL is a
lot better than MySQL when it comes to many joins and complex queries"
(mostly because the planner is a lot more mature -- does MySQL even keep
statistics yet?), but I'm not sure if there are any widely used benchmarks
available that actaully excercise that.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/