Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases ( - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Hardware/OS recommendations for large databases (
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 08:13:09AM -0800, Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Iowait is time spent waiting on blocking io calls.

To be picky, iowait is time spent in the idle task while the I/O queue is not
empty. It does not matter if the I/O is blocking or not (from userspace's
point of view), and if the I/O was blocking (say, PIO) from the kernel's
point of view, it would be counted in system.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/