Re: Fixes for 8.1 run of pgindent - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Fixes for 8.1 run of pgindent
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > I think we should rerun pgindent on 8.1.X and HEAD to correct
> > the reported problems.  I am betting 90% of our patches
> > either come from CVS head or 8.1.X branches greater than 8.1.0.
>
> Do we really want to run cosmetic cleanups on a stable branch?
>
> I'm sure it *should* be safe, it just seems "against the rules" :-)

Agreed, it is not a great idea, but if we don't, then 8.1.X and CVS HEAD
will not match indenting, and patches generated by 8.1.X users will not
apply cleanly to CVS HEAD.  And if we don't run it at all, we then will
have CVS HEAD with columns > 80 and incorrect typedef indentations.

Pennsylvania19073