Re: installing PygreSQL and psychopg2 ? - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: installing PygreSQL and psychopg2 ?
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Nov 02, 2005 at 11:10:46PM +0100, Zlatko Mati? wrote:
> I was trying to install PygreSQL and psychopg2 in order to use python as front-end. I I recently started to learn
Python,so I don't have any previos experience regardnig python.

> When I tried to install by calling setup.py from command prompt ("setup.py install"), in both cases I had the same
error:

> "error: Python was built with version 7.1 of Visual Studio, and extensions need to be built with the same version of
thecompiler, but it isn't installed."

> What does it mean ? What am I supposed to do?

This looks more like a Python problem than a PostgreSQL problem;
you'll probably get more help on a mailing list or newsgroup dedicated
to Python or the modules you're trying to build.  Here's subscription
info for the psycopg mailing list: