Re: BUG #2010: COPY command does not recognise UTF-8 text files with leading BOM - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #2010: COPY command does not recognise UTF-8 text files with leading BOM
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Roddi Walker wrote:

> This BOM header is legal - see http://www.unicode.org/faq/utf_bom.html#BOM -
> but probably used only on Windows.

Well, that FAQ says that the marker could be prohibited under some
higher-level protocols, so I guess this is one of them.

--
Alvaro Herrera                 http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/CTMLCN8V17R4
"Now I have my system running, not a byte was off the shelf;