Re: Linking - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Linking
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 01, 2005 at 02:22:07PM -0800, Bob Pawley wrote:
> On data entry I want the serial number generated in process.fluid_id
> to be transferred to column  specification.fluid_id.

This sounds like the same thing you asked last week.  Was the example
in the following message not helpful?  Did I misunderstand what you're
trying to do?

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2005-10/msg01695.php

> A simple insert/select command will transfer the serial number but
> entering a second row then employing an insert/select command violates
> the p_k unique rule.

Could you provide an example of what you're doing to get this error?

--
Michael Fuhr