Re: pidfile location missing after restarting crashed server in 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pidfile location missing after restarting crashed server in 8.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Yeah: it's now being accessed by a relative path (relative to $PGDATA,
> >> which we have already chdir'd into at this point).
>
> > So we should include PGDATA in the error message (DataDir actually, I
> > guess).
>
> I don't think that follows.  The code prints exactly the path name it's
> using to access the file, and I think that's exactly what it should
> print.

It's not useful for the user that way.  Besides, we know what we did
chdir() to, so we could present that information to the user.

--
Alvaro Herrera
"Amanece.                                               (Ignacio Reyes)El Cerro San Cristóbal me mira, cínicamente, con