Re: collector/autovacuum after crash (8.1beta3) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: collector/autovacuum after crash (8.1beta3)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Szima Gábor wrote:

> At system crash or poweroff the autovacuum statistics will be lost,
> because this statistics only stored in RAM and saved/restored at
> service shutdown/startup.
> I think it should be saved periodically and not to be deleted after
> crash.

I don't remember why it was that we made the stat file be dropped on
crash recovery, but there was a reason.  I guess you could research the
reason; it was a thread which ended with an autovacuum patch from me.
You could look the CVS logs for the pgstat.c file.

--
Alvaro Herrera                        http://www.advogato.org/person/alvherre
"Someone said that it is at least an order of magnitude more work to do