Re: Anybody using PostGIS? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject Re: Anybody using PostGIS?
Date
List pgsql-general

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005, CSN wrote:

> I've been meaning to try out PostGIS and see what it
> is capable of. Is anybody using it? Do you have
> accompanying URLs?

www.postgis.org is the obvious one, which probably doesn't help much :-)

I'm using it extensively, underlying a few reasonably functional GIS
systems using JUMP & QGIS to view PostGIS tables as GIS map layers.

I've also used Postgis for some interesting spatial overlay analysis
with some antarctic data (well, I thought they were interesting),
entirely done with SQL.

I have a PC with NX server running (just a demo right now), which also has
Postgis & QGIS installed. If you contact me off list I can give you a
login & you can see for yourself (email: pcreso@pcreso.com).
The NX client is freely available from www.nomachine.com. If you don't
like NX, you can ssh in, but it is slower.

Cheers,

  Brent Wood