Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Back out this because of fear of changing error strings: This - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Back out this because of fear of changing error strings: This
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Back out this because of fear of changing error strings:
>
> This makes the error messages for PREPARE TRANSACTION, COMMIT PREPARED
> etc. match the docs, which talk about "transaction identifier" not
> "gid" or "global transaction identifier".

I say make the change anyway.  No language except Turkish is up to 100%
yet, and there's plenty of time to fix the translations.  It's only
a couple of strings, right?

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/DXLWNGRJD34
"No deja de ser humillante para una persona de ingenio saber