Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Oracle buys Innobase
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 08:52:58AM +0000, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Jan Wieck wrote:
> >Oracle could even develop an exceptional interest in keeping PostgreSQL
> >alive as it's "future DB engineer forge".
>
> Looks like a good reason why Oracle should sponsor PostgreSQL heavily :-)

Heh. This gives me the thought that Oracle might be going after MySQL
for no other reason than to stop them from instilling really bad ideas
into people who then think they can design/develop against databases.
Somehow I can see Tom Kyte (of AskTom fame) doing a dance around his
office...