BUG #1926: /etc/init.d/postgresql - script version 7.4.5 fails on startup - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kevin Waldron
Subject BUG #1926: /etc/init.d/postgresql - script version 7.4.5 fails on startup
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1926
Logged by:          Kevin Waldron
Email address:      kevin@zazzybob.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   CentOS 4.1
startup
Details:

I'm using Version 7.4.5 of the postgresql start script (acquired in the
postgresql-8.0.3 rpms for rhel-es-4).

On my HP DL320(G3) server, running CentOS 4.1 (further, detailed specs can,
of course, be provided if required) I have had to modify the sleep at Line
192 from 1 second TO 2 seconds.

Otherwise the test was failing as the postmaster.pid file wasn't written in
time.