Re: [HACKERS] statement logging / extended query protocol - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [HACKERS] statement logging / extended query protocol
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 11:41:11PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > > OK.  At this stage it should all just wait for 8.2.
> >
> > Haven't we already committed some feature changes in this area?  I
> > dislike the idea of shipping a transient state just because "we
> > ran out of time".  Once we ship 8.1, that will be another behavior
> > that we have to consider backwards compatibility with.  We should
> > either fix it right, or revert to the 8.0 behavior for this
> > release.
>
> I documented in TODO what doesn't log properly in 8.1.  I don't see
> how logging output has to be backward compatible.

Dunno about this particular case, but not having backward-compatible
logging output has already broken pqa.  Proposal on logging to
-hackers follows...

Cheers,
phone: +1 510 893 6100   mobile: +1 415 235 3778

Remember to vote!