Southern California conference - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Southern California conference
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
This was sent to hackers, but really belongs on advocacy:

----- Forwarded message from Ilan  Rabinovitch -----

From: Ilan  Rabinovitch <irabinovitch@gmail.com>
Subject: [HACKERS] OT: SCALE 4x -- Call For Papers
Date: 3 Sep 2005 14:57:32 -0700
To: pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org
Sender: pgsql-hackers-owner@postgresql.org

Hello,

The call for papers for SCALE 4x, the 2006 Southern California Linux
Expo, is now open.  This event will be our fourth annual show.  It
will be held on Feb 11-12, 2006 at the Los Angeles Airport Westin. We
are expecting 1,300+ in attendance this year.  We are non-profit,
community run Linux, open-source and free software conference.

If you are working on something you believe the community
would be interested in, please consider submitting a presentation to
our call for papers.  I am including details bellow.

Past presentations are available online (including slides audio in most
cases):
2005 - http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/past/2005/hours.php
2003 - http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/past/2003/presentations.php
2002 - http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/past/2002/presentations.php

If you have any questions please feel free to contact the Call For
Papers
team at cfp =at= socallinuxexp.org

CFP Link: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/pr/pr_20050620.php
CFP PDF:  http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/pr/cfp4x.pdf

Best regards,
Ilan Rabinovitch
Conference Chair
Southern California Linux Expo
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org

2006 Southern CAlifornia Linux Expo

The USC, Simi/Conejo, and UCLA Linux User Groups are proud to announce
the 4th annual Southern California Linux Expo scheduled for February
11-12, 2006 at the Westin Hotel near the Los Angeles International
Airport. Building on the tremendous success of last three years' SCALE,
we will continue to promote Linux and the Open Source Software
community.

We invite you to share your work on Linux and Open Source projects with
the rest of the community as well as exchange ideas with some of the
leading experts in these field. Details about SCALE 4X as well as
archives for the last three years can be found at
http://www.socallinuxexpo.com.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Linux kernel
* Linux Networking
* Linux for embedded systems
* Linux for Desktops
* LAMP
* Multimedia in Linux
* Security in Linux
* VoIP
* Wireless tools in Linux
* Linux Games
* GIMP & other graphics software
* Administration techniques for specific distributions
* Custom Configurations
* Linux Deployments and experiences: Case studies
* Open source Licensing
* Government policies with Open Source
* Other open source projects

The proposals should comprise a 1-page (maximum) description containing
the following:

1] Title for the talk.
2] Name, Affiliation, Bio, a passport size picture (optional) and
contact email address of the Presenter.
3] What will be covered? A bulleted list of the main points of the
presentation will be ideal. Please include enough detail as will be
necessary.
4] Any specific requirements needed for the presentation other than an
overhead projector and a microphone.

Presentations are alloted a time slot of about 45 minutes. All
proposals
are to be sent to cfp =at= socallinuxexpo.com.

Important Dates:

20 Jun, 2005: CFP Opens
20 Nov, 2005: Last date for abstracts/proposals
20 Dec, 2005: Last date for notification of acceptance
11 Feb, 2006: Conference starts

----- End of forwarded message from Ilan  Rabinovitch -----