Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Request Tracker ( RT ) recommends MySQL
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
> One of our people did some performance tuning work, and found a number
> of queries that could be made *spectacularly* faster for PostgreSQL if
> tweaked to be less MySQL(tm)-specific (I surmise that the same changes
> would be either helpful or at least not hurtful for Oracle, Informix,
> and Sybase, though I can't be sure about SQLite).

Note that the best way to change this situation is for users of RT to
request these changes. There's no real reason they can't support
alternative query syntaxes for different databases, other than it's more
work. If anything, they should make MySQL the exception case, and use
normal SQL syntax for everyone else. But none of this will change unless
people using the product (especially those sending them money) request
it.