Re: 4D Geometry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: 4D Geometry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Chris Traylor wrote:
> > Configure options are generally a pain in the neck,
>
> Granted. Especially, if all the ifdefs start making the source hard
> to read, but they are a viable compile-time way to allow the user to
> make the decision for themselves.

This missing piece of information here is that 98.6% of our users never
compile the source code, so that decision will have to be made by the
packager who will always use the option that is acceptable to the
plurality of the users.  That is why we have removed most
feature-related compile-time choices and are very hesitant to add new
ones.

--
Peter Eisentraut