Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Proof of concept COLLATE support with patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> This is just a proof of concept patch. I didn't send it to -patches
> because as Tom pointed out, there's no hope of it getting in due to
> platform dependant behaviour.

I think it would be best if we defined an internal API for plugging in
various kinds of locale support.  Then you can hook in this
"newlocale", the Windows variant, ICU, or plain-old POSIX locale
support for backward compatibility.  You already identified most of the
API functions.

--
Peter Eisentraut