Re: Negative lookbehind assertions in regexs - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Negative lookbehind assertions in regexs
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Sep 03, 2005 at 03:59:18PM +0100, Julian Scarfe wrote:

> Any plans for a Perl Compatible Regular Expression operator?
> http://www.pcre.org/

Why have Perl-Compatible things when you can have Perl itself?  Just use
plperl.

> Or are two regex operators enough?

Only two?  We have not only our own code, but also Perl's engine,
Python's, Tcl's, and PHP's, available through the PLs.  That's more than
enough, I'd say.

--
Alvaro Herrera -- Valdivia, Chile         Architect, www.EnterpriseDB.com
"I call it GNU/Linux. Except the GNU/ is silent." (Ben Reiter)