Re: PSQL commands not backwards-compatible - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: PSQL commands not backwards-compatible
Date
Re: PSQL commands not backwards-compatible  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-bugs
Tom,

> They've been broken on a fairly regular basis in past releases.
> Certainly 7.3 broke every single one because of the addition of
> schema syntax ...

Yeah, and we warned people about it, as I recall.   Also, we had about 25x
less users then.   I think we should put something in the release notes:

WARNING: 8.1's "psql" is not completely backwards-compatible with previous
versions of PostgreSQL.

--Josh

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________