Re: Improved \df(+) in psql + backward-compatibility - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Improved \df(+) in psql + backward-compatibility
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Monday 29 August 2005 00:33, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > On a slightly related note, I've noticed that psql isn't backward
> > compatible.
>
> We have never expected psql's \d commands to work against older server
> versions, and two months after feature freeze isn't the time to start
> making that happen.

That said, number of folks have looked at this problem and agree it would be
nice to do, they just haven't formed a consensus on how to do it.  If you
have a plan for how you would want to approach this in 8.2, feel free to post
it.

--
Robert Treat