Re: question - plpgsql and query on table given by variable - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: question - plpgsql and query on table given by variable
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 11:43:00PM +0200,  Jaromír Kamler wrote:
> I am new with PostgreSQL, I need create function in plpgsql where
> I use SQL question on the name of table whitch is given by variable
> in called function.

See "Executing Dynamic Commands" in the PL/pgSQL documentation.
Here's a link to the documentation for the latest version of
PostgreSQL (but use the documentation for whatever version you're
running):

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/plpgsql-statements.html#PLPGSQL-STATEMENTS-EXECUTING-DYN

--
Michael Fuhr