Re: Spikewatch testing - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Spikewatch testing
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Spikewatch testing
List pgsql-advocacy
Jim,

> Spikewatch is testing a number of different open-source components,
> including ours. If you click on a green datapoint, you can see what our
> actual code-coverage was for that test (presumably they're running the
> regression tests). Unfortunately, the banner ad I saw for them showed
> MySQL (along with a bunch of other things), but not PostgreSQL.

Yeah, there's portions of the web interface that still have wrong
referents.   I'll bug them again about that.

> Is it worth trying to promote this as a way to promote PostgreSQL? Also,
> is it worth trying to improve our test coverage?

Actually, they'll be running a contest (with prizes up to $2500) for
improved test coverage for OSS applications.   I've been trying to get
someone to commit to helping me on the contest, so that PostgreSQL can
participate.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus