Re: What is syslog:duration reporting ... ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: What is syslog:duration reporting ... ?
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 03:56:36PM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, Aldor wrote:
> >I'm still wondering why you first query takes about 4107.987 ms - this
> >kind of query has usually have to run much much faster.
>
> That would work if I were to get really occasional high values in syslog,
> but this is almost a consist thing over a very short period of time:

Are the updates happening inside a transaction?  Is it possible
that they're being blocked by other transactions that update the
same record around the same time and don't commit immediately?
I can duplicate the results you're seeing by doing that.

--
Michael Fuhr