Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: enable_constraint_exclusion GUC name
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> >>I am thinking we should just call it constraint_exclusion.
> >

> > So, given the silence on this, I assume people think we should rename
> > this before beta starts.
>
> Well it depends either one seems correct per the postgresql.conf. For
> example enable_seqscan, or "add"_missing_from_clause.
>
> It seems that if the postgresql.conf parameter is actually causing a
> different behavior we tend to note the behavior in the prefix (thus
> enable/add) but that if it is more general we done (thus log_) .
>
> I don't care either way but it seemed something to note before the
> decision was made.

I thought about that, but is seems all our booleans could logically fall
into the category of being enabled/disabled.  For add_missing_from, the
add word is so people realize that it is really _adding_ to the FROM
list, so I see it as different.

Anyway, change committed.  I can always change it back if people change
their mind.

Pennsylvania19073