Re: extract (dow/week from date) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: extract (dow/week from date)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, Aug 21, 2005 at 08:00:45AM -0300, Clodoaldo Pinto wrote:
> Of course it would be even better if we could pass parameters to the
> functions changing its behavior such as sunday/monday as the first day
> or 0-1 as the first day.

FWIW, it seems most things that support changing first day of the week
to be something other than <default> do it through a global setting.
ISTM that would be much less error prone than having to make sure you
used it in all your function calls (not to mention a lot less typing...)
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461