history is not supported by this installation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject history is not supported by this installation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

IIRC psql's "\s" used to work, but I upgraded to 8.x
on Windows - which recommends that cygwin/bin be
removed from PATH - and I get this error:

"history is not supported by this installation"

Reading the docs, it states GNU readline is required.
I presume that that was in cygwin/path - what's the
remedy to get \s to work?

BTW, is there a way to set the number of commands
returned by "\s"?

Thanks,
CSN

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs