Re: do separate databases have any impact each other? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: do separate databases have any impact each other?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 01:15:03PM -0700, TJ O'Donnell wrote:
> While writing installation instructions for my new PostgreSQL product, I
> found myself
> writing the following sentence:
> "For first time users, we recommend building the gnova database,
> since it has no impact on other databases."

A problem not mentioned already is that if your database contains a C
function and it has a bug which results in a crash, your whole
production database will go down.  This may not be desirable.

(plphp may cause that too, for some functions, as we saw in a report on
some list a couple of days ago ...)

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"