Re: Conversion of Database to schema aware - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Conversion of Database to schema aware
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 11:36:01PM +0800, Richard Sydney-Smith wrote:

> if a new command were available to transfer between schemas then the
> wishlist would eventually extend to ...
>
> transfer [table] [view] [rule] public.* to schema yyy;
>
> Where * would mean all entries of the selected type

As of 8.1 there is a new ALTER TABLE variation which lets you move
tables and views from one schema to another.  There's also an ALTER
FUNCTION and a couple of other I forget.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-altertable.html
http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/sql-alterfunction.html

Note however that they do not accept wildcards.  In fact, we do not
support wildcards at all in SQL (except for LIKE expressions, etc)
AFAIR.

"Si quieres ser creativo, aprende el arte de perder el tiempo"