Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From CSN
Subject Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:

> # cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11
> 17:36:49 -0700:
> > --- Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz> wrote:
> > >     Can you post the code that triggers the
> warning?
> >
> > Sure-
> >

> > CREATE or REPLACE FUNCTION email_activated_member
> ()
> > RETURNS trigger AS $$
> >
> > $new=$_TD['new'];
> > $old=$_TD['old'];
> >
> > if(($_TD['event']=='INSERT' and
> $new['active']='t') or
>
>     You are assigning to $new['active'] instead of
> the
>     probably wanted comparison.
>
>     I don't see any byref arguments, and don't know
> how to help further.

Doh! I fixed it but I'm still getting the same
warnings in the log. I'd guess maybe it's something
plphp is doing on its own with references, but I
should probably play around with some more plphp
functions and see if they generate the same warnings.
Anyhow, thanks for the help.

CSN