Re: ODBC issue with aggregate fields (SUM) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ODBC issue with aggregate fields (SUM)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 10:08:20AM -0400, Tim Nelson wrote:

> So the size of SUM("str_sls_totals"."strsl_net_dly") is 20.  When we
> change the year to 2004 the size is returned as 30 ! ! !  Is this by
> design or a bug.

What is the type of that column?  I'm thinking, if it's numeric, then
it's quite possible that two different amounts can have different sizes.

"You're _really_ hosed if the person doing the hiring doesn't understand
relational systems: you end up with a whole raft of programmers, none of
whom has had a Date with the clue stick."              (Andrew Sullivan)