Re: Thoughs after discussions at OSCON - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Thoughs after discussions at OSCON
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 09 August 2005 18:09, Robert Bernier wrote:
> I would imagine companies like Oracle etc. have a subsidy
> system that makes it possible for authors to earch income while they write
> (does anybody know for sure?).

Certainly some publishers will give you an advance on royalties if they have a
good idea of how well a given book will do on the market.  It's not a point
to be lost that these "foo press" publishers all came to market some time
after there were already numerous books that all sold well already on the
market for "foo"; I'm sure every one of them has forecast models already in
place for the books they are doing.

--
Robert Treat