Re: [GENERAL] postgresql Secure Mode - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [GENERAL] postgresql Secure Mode
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 01:03:03PM -0400, Mario Soto Cordones - Venezuela wrote:

> from the server  I connect  with psql and  makes it
>
> bash-3.00$ psql -U vasa -h 192.168.0.2 vasa
> Contraseña:
> Bienvenido a psql 8.0.3, el terminal interactivo de PostgreSQL.
>
> Digite:  \copyright para ver los tÃ(c)rminos de distribución
>          \h para obtener ayuda sobre comandos SQL
>          \? para obtener ayuda sobre comandos internos
>          \g o punto y coma (;) para ejecutar consulta
>          \q para salir
>
> conexión SSL (cifrado: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

Ok, so it works with psql and the server is configured correctly.
Congratulations!

> 2005/8/8, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>:
>
> > Maybe you have to enable it explicitly?  Maybe it's not supported in the
> > free (lite) version?  Again, did you try with psql?
>
> the EMS it's professional edition licenced

Since you have a EMS license, you can complain to those guys, since
obviously the problem is with their client software.

"Es filósofo el que disfruta con los enigmas" (G. Coli)