Re: timestamp default values - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: timestamp default values
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 10:06:35AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Can anyone else duplicate the problem?

I couldn't duplicate the problem in 8.0.2 or in any other version
from 7.2.8 through HEAD (latest CVS for all).

Brendan, if you execute "\set VERBOSITY verbose" in psql and then
generate the errors, what's the complete error message?

Tom (or anybody else), could the errors could be due to the "if
(VARSIZE(str) - VARHDRSZ > MAXDATELEN)" checks in text_date() and
text_timestamp()?  Could an encoding affect that?  That's why I
suggested increasing the verbosity: so we could see where the error
is being raised.

--
Michael Fuhr