Re: Compiere supporting Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Compiere supporting Postgres
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Saturday 06 August 2005 02:41, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 02:15:50AM -0400, Denis Lussier wrote:
> > I've been involved with a couple Compiere (on Oracle projects).  I
> > think it's a darn good product, but, I don't think their CRM module is
> > very feature-rich yet (at least it wasn't six months ago).    I see on
> > their website that Compiere's got some sort of database independence
> > toolkit in Beta.   Is anyone actively working on making sure that
> > Compiere runs great on PG??
>
> There's a guy in the spanish list (pgsql-es-ayuda) trying to port it,
> and he has reported some success to date, though not complete yet
> apparently.  Not sure if he intends to propagate the changes anywhere
> out of his organization.

In the past the compiere folks have not been eager to work with us, which has
lead to some disintrest within the pg community. Still there has been some
action (I think the second is the guy Alvarro is talking about)

http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.330
http://www.postgresql.org/about/news.298

--
Robert Treat