Re: Updated open items - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Updated open items
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Bruce,
>
> some of the items on your patches list don't seem to contain patches ...

Right, some are open items, but the patches list is a central place to
put everything.

> In particular,
>
> . the thread  "multibyte regression tests" - If you like you can put a
> TODO on the list and put my name against it, but I won't be getting to
> it any time soon, and nobody else has done any work on it AFAIK.

OK, I will move that entire thread to the 8.2 queue.

> . the thread "windows regression failure - prepared xacts" - in another
> thread here:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-07/msg00621.php Tom
> proposed a possible cause for the problem seen (race conditions in
> is_visible() and friends) and several possible solutions, but I am not
> sure we ever resolved the issue, did we?

No idea.  Once we have more information we can remove it and either fix
it or document it as a TODO.

Pennsylvania19073