Re: 775,000 downloads plus - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: 775,000 downloads plus
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 11:39:31AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Predictably, 2/3 of those downloads overall were Windows.   Interstingly,
> the plurality of Windows downloads (about 150,000) occurred in April.
> What happened in April that would make so many people interested?

Are there any tax preparation packages that use PostgreSQL?  :-)
April is tax time in the US (I don't know about other countries).

Does April's activity look markedly different than other months,
or is it just noise?  Do you see any spikes?  I'm wondering if a
favorable article might have resulted in increased activity.  If
you have web server logs from that period, and if the logs contain
Referer headers, then you might be able to see if that's the case.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/