Re: transaction timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dr NoName
Subject Re: transaction timeout
Date
Re: transaction timeout
List pgsql-general
> The common view on this kind of thing is that if
> your client is broken,
> you need to fix it.

The problem is, we can't fix the users, nor can we fix
other software that our client has to interact with.
There will always be occasional situations when a
client gets stuck.

> That said, I have seen some folks post about writing
> a perl or shell
> script that runs every x minutes looking for
> connections that have been
> idle for > a certain amount of time and kill the
> backend associated with
> it (sigterm, not -9...)

what are the implications of killing a postmaster
process?

thanks,

Eugene