Re: [pgsql-www] Coverity Inspected, 20 bugs detected! - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: [pgsql-www] Coverity Inspected, 20 bugs detected!
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sunday 24 July 2005 08:05, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > So, two questions:
> >
> > 1) Do we want to put up a Coverity Inspected button?    On
> > the plus side,
> > Oracle, MySQL and BerkeleyDB (as well as FreeBSD) have all
> > gone through the Coverity checker, so it says good things
> > about our competitiveness to
> > other database products.   On the negative side, do we really care?
>
> I'd say that if "business customers" care, then we should care.

I actually scoped out the sites josh mentioned above and couldn't find a
coverity badge on any of them :-\

Was thinking though that maybe we should add a news item to the main page for
folks who may not have caught this elsewhere?

> > 2) If we want to put up the button, *where*?   We don't
> > really have a page
> > on the web site for "certifications and awards", but maybe we
> > ought to?
>
> Um. We have an "Awards" page in case you missed it ;-) It's at
> http://www.postgresql.org/about/awards.

Hey, thats pretty nice. Kudos to the web team for that.

> Are you saying we should rename it to "Certifications and awards", or
> create a separate page for certifications?
>
> Do we have more than one certification (possibly pending)? If not, a
> separate page with just on certification might look a bit weird :-)

Without more certifications I don't think we have a good case for a second
page, so do people want to certifications lumped in with the awards or is
there a better place for them?

Josh, do you know if we are considered Novell "Yes Certified" ?

--
Robert Treat