Re: COPY FROM performance improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Mark Wong
Subject Re: COPY FROM performance improvements
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:22:18 -0700
"Alon Goldshuv" <agoldshuv@greenplum.com> wrote:

> I revisited my patch and removed the code duplications that were there, and
> added support for CSV with buffered input, so CSV now runs faster too
> (although it is not as optimized as the TEXT format parsing). So now
> TEXT,CSV and BINARY are all parsed in CopyFrom(), like in the original file.

Hi Alon,

I'm curious, what kind of system are you testing this on?  I'm trying to
load 100GB of data in our dbt3 workload on a 4-way itanium2.  I'm
interested in the results you would expect.

Mark