Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS issue? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Creager
Subject Re: Huge performance problem between 7.4.1 and 8.0.3 - CS issue?
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:52:53 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Start a fresh psql session and "SHOW vacuum_cost_delay" to verify what
> the active setting is.

Alright.  Restarted the 803 database.  Cron based vacuum analyze is running
every 5 minutes.  vacuum_cost_delay is 0.  The problem showed up after about 1/2
hour of running.  I've got vacuum jobs stacked from the last 35 minutes, with 2
vacuums running at the same time.  CS is around 73k.

What do I do now?  I can bring the db back to normal and not run any cron based
vacuum to see if it still happens, but I suspect nothing will happen without the
vacuum.  I'll leave it in it's current semi-catatonic state as long as possible
in case there is something to look at?

Cheers,
Rob