Re: CVS - psql segfault - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: CVS - psql segfault
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 05:30:52PM +0000, Matt Miller wrote:

> However, my problem was solved doing a "make distclean" and then
> rebuilding.  Does this mean that there is a dependency missing from a
> makefile somewhere?  Or, as a matter of policy, should I just always
> clean after updating?

You should be using --enable-depend in configure if you want GCC
to track dependencies; they are not tracked manually in the makefiles.

I do that and I very rarely have problems of that nature.

"La rebeldía es la virtud original del hombre" (Arthur Schopenhauer)