Re: BUG #1763: PAM Authentication not working... - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #1763: PAM Authentication not working...
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 05:59:36AM +0100, Sham Rao wrote:

> Bug reference:      1763
> Logged by:          Sham Rao
> Email address:      sham@styk.net
> PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
> Operating system:   SuSe Linux 9.3
> Details:
>
> No matter what configuration I use I cannot get postgres to authenticate a
> user with pam.

Note that you need the user to be created in PostgreSQL as well as your
PAM system.  However apparently your problem is something else:

> ==> /var/log/postgresql <==
> LOG:  pam_acct_mgmt failed: User account has expired
> FATAL:  PAM authentication failed for user "sham"

Maybe you need to give the user a newer, non-expired password.

"Nadie esta tan esclavizado como el que se cree libre no siendolo" (Goethe)