Re: General DB Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Brent Henry
Subject Re: General DB Tuning
Date
Re: General DB Tuning
List pgsql-performance
We are running Postgres 8.0.2 with the 8.0.2 jdbc
driver.  And yes we are using prepared statements.
I've spent hours trying to get the
'log_min_duration_statement' and 'log_duration'
options to work with no luck.  I never get any
duration from the statement.  I also never see 'begin'
or 'commit' in the log so I can't tell how long my
batch commands are taking to commit to the DB.

Is there a different kind of 'prepared' statements
that we should be using in the driver to get logging
to work properly?  What is the 'new' protocol?

Tom, what version are you using?  Are you using
prepared statements in JDBC?

-Brent

--- Christopher Kings-Lynne

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs