Re: timezone changes break windows and cygwin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: timezone changes break windows and cygwin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, now we have a problem.  :-(
>
> No kidding.  I said to begin with that this plan to use target-specific
> configuration knowledge to build a program executable by the host would
> not work.  I'm for reverting Peter's initial patch; maybe we can someday
> find an answer, but this ain't it.

Yea, I knew my original NO_PGPORT wasn't going to be the last, but now
we are stuck.

Add to this something Magnus mentioned that I did not see until just
now.  The backend links in timezone/SUBSYS.o, which doesn't use pgport,
so you have pgport versions and native versions of some functions in the
same backend binary.  I am not sure that will always work.  Add to that,
are those object files fully compatible with the backend?

Pennsylvania19073