Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review requested - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review requested
Date
Re: Constraint Exclusion (Partitioning) - Initial Review
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 03:56:48PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Simon Riggs wrote:
> >
> > I enclose a fully working implementation of Constraint Exclusion, a very
> > basic form of Partitioning. Initial review is requested, to allow us all
> > to assess what further work is required on this prior to Beta freeze.

> I am surprised no one else has commented on it, which I think means your
> code is ready for the queue.  Do you want to adjust it based on this
> feedback or should I apply and you can adjust it later.

I think that the fact that no one commented on it means that nobody has
thoroughly reviewed it.  I skimmed over the patch, and it seems OK to me
(save a typo in a comment, it said "OR" and the code said "and" in one
of the truth tables), but my knowledge of the optimizer is not enough
for my comments to have any weight.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Ciencias políticas es la ciencia de entender por qué