Re: Performance Tuning Article - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Performance Tuning Article
Date
List pgsql-performance
Frank,

>   I've put together a short article and posted it online regarding
>   performance tuning PostgreSQL in general.  I believe it helps to bring
>   together the info in a easy to digest manner. I would appreciate any
>   feedback, comments, and especially any technical corrections.

Looks nice. You should mark the link to the perf tips at Varlena.com as
"PostgreSQL 7.4" and augment it with the current version here:
www.powerpostgresql.com/PerfList
as well as the Annotated .Conf File:
www.powerpostgresql.com/Docs

For my part, I've generally seen that SATA disks still suck for read-write
applications.   I generally rate 1 UltraSCSI = 2 SATA disks for anything but
a 99% read application.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions