Configurator project launched - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Configurator project launched
Date
List pgsql-performance
Folks,

OK, I've checked in my first code module and the configurator project is
officially launched.  Come join us at
www.pgfoundry.org/projects/configurator

Further communications will be on the Configurator mailing list only.

from the spec:

What is the Configurator, and Why do We Need It?

The Configurator is a set of Perl scripts and modules which allow users and
installation programs to write a reasonable postgresql.conf for PostgreSQL
performance based on the answers to some relatively simple questions.  Its
purpose is to provide an option between the poor-performing default
configuration, and the in-depth knowledge required for hand-tuning.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions