Re: WindowsXP setup user account problem - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: WindowsXP setup user account problem
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 11:41:00 +0200,
  Stefan Bayer <stefan.bayer@gmx.net> wrote:
> I want to create the postgresql service user unattended (in a batch
> process). How can I do that? Especially I couldn't create the right to logon
> as service.
>
> What is the correct procedure to create a service user for postgresql and to
> start the service in a batch (unattended) mode?

The preferred method is ident authentication if your OS supports it for
domain sockets and the batch job is running on the same server as
postgres. Otherwise you can put the password in the pgpass file.
See 27.12 of the 8.0 documentation.