Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Needed: Simplified guide to optimal memory
Date
List pgsql-performance
Todd,

> I'm going only on what my engineers are telling me, but they say
> upgrading breaks a lot of source code with some SQL commands that are
> a pain to hunt down and kill. Not sure if that's true, but that's
> what I'm told.

Depends on your app, but certainly that can be true.  Oddly, 7.2 -> 8.0 is
less trouble than 7.2 -> 7.4 because of some type casting issues which were
resolved.

Mind you, in the past a quick "sed" script has been adequate for me to fix
compatibility issues.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions