Re: Reporting tools - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Atkins
Subject Re: Reporting tools
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 09:51:53AM -0400, Hrishikesh Deshmukh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Are there better open source reporting tools than openrpt, agata?

Not unless you like Java.

If Java is your thing then JasperReports (and it's various GUI designers)
aren't bad, but it looks like BIRT (http://www.eclipse.org/birt/) may be
better shortly (though it's a recent 1.0 release and still doesn't run on
OS X and is a little incomplete in places).

If you like XML+SQL for template generation my reporting engine
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/wttwreport/ will do some lovely looking
PDF reports. There isn't any GUI front-end or scripting support, though,
and there isn't likely to be (I'm porting some of the code across to
OpenRPT and using BIRT...).

Cheers,
  Steve